The National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities is the center that provides information to the nation on:
- disabilities in children and youth;
- programs and services for infants, children, and youth with disabilities;
- IDEA, the nation's special education law;
- No Child Left Behind, the nation's general education law; and
- research-based information on effective practices for children with disabilities.
Anyone can use their services-families, educators, administrators, journalists, students. their special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
Their Web site has information on the following:
- Specific disabilities
- Early intervention services for infants and toddlers
- Special education and related services for children in school
- Resources and connections in every state
- Individualized education programs
- Parent materials
- Disability organizations
- Professional associations
- Education rights and what the law requires
- Transition to adult life
^DELand much, much more!
For more About NICHCY, use the contact information provided below:
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
P.O. Box 1492
Washington, DC 20013
Toll Free: 800-695-0285