You are looking at your coffee pot and notice that there is a lovely brown coloring on the glass. Time to clean the coffee pot!
- When the pot is cold, fill the pot with about a half a cup of water, 2 tablespoons of salt and a cup of ice.
- Now holding the pot by the handle, swirl the ice and water in the pot. The ice and salt will scrub the stains from the inside of the pot.
- Dump out the water after a few minutes and see if you need to repeat. Once the pot is clean, dry and let warm back up to room temperature.
- Now fill the pot with 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar. Remove the used filter and place a clean filter in the tray.
- Pour the water into the hopper as normal and let run through a cycle.
- Dump the water from the pot, bring back to room temperature and repeat with plain water.
Your pot should now be squeaky clean and your coffee should taste better!
You can do the cleaning cycle once a month or as needed, it's up to you!