Cortical Visual Impairment: Website and APH Products
APH is now offering information about Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI) to consumers via the internet. This new CVI web site reports a wealth of information from different sources and viewpoints. Sections include a definition of CVI, Intervention Strategies, Advocacy and Resources, and many more. The web site is an evolving resource of current knowledge on this leading cause of blindness. It provides information from medical, educational, and parental perspectives, as well as allowing an open door to communicate on the topic.
To explore the CVI web site, go to www.aph.org and click "APH CVI Web Site."
Suggested Products for Use with Children with CVI
Here is a list of some APH products that may be appropriate for use with children who have Cortical Visual Impairment.
- Mini-Lite Box -- 1-08661-00
- Mini-Lite Box Overlays -- 1-08670-00
- Light Box Materials Kit, Level I -- 1-08670-00
- Light Box Materials Kit, Level II, full kit -- 1-08680-00
- Pegs/Pegboard -- 1-08665-00
- Familiar Object Picture Cards -- 1-08666-00
- Picture Maker: Wheatley Tactile Diagramming Kit -- 1-08838-00
- Let's See Kit, Perceptual Level -- 1-08151-00
- Snaplock Beads
- Formboards with inserts
- Shape Deck binder
- Invisiboard -- 1-08541-00
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org