Orion TI-36 Talking Scientific Calculator
This calculator has identical functions to the popular Texas Instruments(R) TI-36X calculator.Features
- Ideal for all students -- junior high through college, algebra I through calculus and applied mathematics such as engineering
- High-quality speech. Keys speak when pressed, display can be spoken at any time or speech feature can be turned off
- Unique learn key mode without interrupting current operation
- Over 127 scientific functions, including 1 & 2 variable statistics, trigonometry, and unit conversion
- Large, tactile, functionally zoned keys, including backspace/correction key
- Rechargeable battery, over six hours of continuous operation, power shuts off when not in use
- Protective cover.
- Power adapter, calculator can be used while charging.
- One year limited warranty.
APH 150th Anniversary Essay Contest
First Place Winner: Grades 6-8 Alex Folo
HOW THE DEVICES FROM AMERICAN PRINTING HOUSE FOR THE BLIND HAVE HELPED ME
As I go through my school day, I take for granted that I can complete all of the assignments of the day with little or no assistance. But when I look at it, without American Printing House's devices, I would have much difficulty going through my day.
When I wake up in the morning and open my large Braille folder for school, I am using an American Printing House product without even thinking about it. First period when I have to write Spanish letters, I am also using a device from APH, the Perkins Braille Writer. Without this device I would not be able to complete math or Spanish. It helps me by producing Braille dots as I type on Braille paper (from APH as well). Before I started using technology, I used this device for every subject.
During math, I use a talking calculator. This device helps me by speaking the numbers in the calculator which allows me to use a calculator like my sighted peers. In every subject I read Braille books and materials to complete assignments. Braille books are vital to my education and without them; there would be no way for me to access the materials to learn. I believe that this is the most important item provided by APH. Having books available to read is also important to my enjoyment. Books can make you laugh, cry, feel sad, happy or about any other feeling you can experience. They are an important way that humans learn about the world around them. I am fortunate to be able to have the same materials as my sighted peers to read and learn.
The American Printing House also provides technology that I use. An important tool I use is audio recordings. The narrators at APH make this possible by offering their time to record my textbooks so I can keep up with my class work. Audio books and Braille books are the two most important devices that I use in my education.
These are just a few of the devices I use provided by APH. I could name hundreds and they have all affected my life. Without them, I could never be where I am today.