Computer No Nos
Have you ever committed a computer no no? I'm sure we all have at one time or another, but we really should watch ourselves from here on out. To help you pinpoint a computer no no, here are a few things you should never do with your computer.
- You should never turn your computer off while you're in the middle of a program or if you have a bunch of windows open. You need to always close out all programs and windows before shutting down your computer. If a program freezes up on you, always try to use Ctrl + Alt + Del
before you do anything else.
- You should never turn your computer off and then turn it back on without waiting at least 60 seconds. The system needs at least that long to calm down a little.
- Never remove a disk or a CD from their respective drives until the drive light has turned off or you hear no sound from the drive. It usually takes a few seconds for it to turn off, but if it's still on, don't push that release button!
- Don't ever use a magnet around your computer, the monitor or around
a diskette. Magnets are bad news! Also, don't ever try to force a disk into the drive. If it doesn't fit, you may have it upside down or backwards.
- Always make sure you turn your computer off before you start connecting any new hardware. It will save you some troubles down the road.
- You should never have any type of food or drink around your computer. Just eat and drink somewhere else!