This is a terrific way to occupy children on a rainy day or during a long car ride. One player thinks of an object and the other players ask questions to determine what that object is. This game works best with four players or less.
- Choose a person to start. This person must think of an object. To make the game easier, he or she can classify the object as animal, vegetable or mineral.
- Have another player ask a question about the object that can be answered yes or no.
- The person who has the object in mind should answer the question with a simple yes or no.
- After hearing the answer, the questioner is allowed to guess the object. The players are allowed to ask a total of 20 questions.
- If the guess is correct, the winning questioner now thinks of a new object. If the answer is incorrect, another player is allowed to ask a yes or no question.
If the players use up their 20 questions without guessing the object, the player with the object in mind reveals it and thinks of a new one.