LED Umbrellas Make You Easier to See
Proving my theory that almost anything can become a device to aid the visually impaired, I bring you the Twilight Umbrella.
Visibility is so important on those dark and dreary days, and if you have to cross several streets, the easier you are to see the better.
Rain is grim enough already without adding a dull umbrella to compound the misery. These two cheery rain-beaters laugh in the face of glum weather. The Twilight Umbrella (the black one) is studded with a galaxy of tiny blue fibre optic lights, and the Red Umbrella (which is, red unsurprisingly, has eight light strips that phase through five colours. Not only do they make you visible, but these funky light-up umbrellas stand out happily from all the dreary black ones out there.
- Three switch controlled lighting functions: 'all lights on', 'slow random phasing lights' and 'off'.
- An automatic open button.
- Available in Red with 8 phasing light strips.
- The lights strips phase blue, green, yellow, purple and red.
- Available in Black with tiny constellation lights.
- These delicate lights glow and phase in blue.
- Suitable for ages 5 years+.
- Requires 3 AAA Batteries (not included) per umbrella.
- Size: 87 x 6 x 6cm (unopened).
Click this link to purchase the Twilight Umbrella from the "I Want One Of Those" website.
Note: This website is in the UK and offers delivery to the United States. Click this link to see their US Delivery page.
Now, if you'd rather have the light in a different place, this LED Umbrella from Think Geek is for you. With a push of a button, the shaft lights up, illuminating you and your path. Now, even in the darkest of nights, you're a lot more visible to the cars on the street, making your long walk home through the rain a lot safer.