Cleaning and Freshening Around the House with Dryer Sheets
Dryer sheets, also known as fabric softener sheets are inexpensive, and can be purchased anywhere that sells laundry supplies. There are dozens of uses for these little squares, here are a few suggestions.
- Removing Baked On Food: If you are having trouble getting baked on food out of a casserole dish, fill it with hot water. Add a fabric softener sheet. Let it soak for a couple of hours and then rinse. Most of the caked on food will slide right out, and the rest will come out with a swipe of a sponge.
- Cleaning Pots: Food that is burned onto a pot or skillet works the same way. Just fill with warm water and throw in a few dryer sheets. Let it soak for at least a half hour, but a couple of hours works best. The burnt food should wash right out.
- Cleaning Hairbrushes: Fill a container with warm water. Add two dryer sheets and stir. Then, add your hairbrushes and combs. Let them soak for a couple of hours. Build up from hairspray and other hair products will come right off. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Freshening Smelly Shoes: Place a dryer sheet inside the shoes and within a couple of hours, your shoes will smell great. Place it in the shoe immediately after you take it off. The warmth from your feet helps to activate the dryer sheet.
- Place a dryer sheet inside a new vacuum bag to keep things smelling fresh as you vacuum the floor. The heat of the vacuum cleaner will help activate the sheets.