Dryer sheets, also known as fabric softener sheets are inexpensive, and can be purchased anywhere that sells laundry supplies. There are dozens of uses for these little squares, here are a few suggestions.
- Removing Baked On Food: If you are having trouble getting baked on food out of a casserole dish, fill it with hot water. Add a fabric softener sheet. Let it soak for a couple of hours and then rinse. Most of the caked on food will slide right out, and the rest will come out with a swipe of a sponge.
- Cleaning Pots: Food that is burned onto a pot or skillet works the same way. Just fill with warm water and throw in a few dryer sheets. Let it soak for at least a half hour, but a couple of hours works best. The burnt food should wash right out.
- Cleaning Hairbrushes: Fill a container with warm water. Add two dryer sheets and stir. Then, add your hairbrushes and combs. Let them soak for a couple of hours. Build up from hairspray and other hair products will come right off. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Freshening Smelly Shoes: Place a dryer sheet inside the shoes and within a couple of hours, your shoes will smell great. Place it in the shoe immediately after you take it off. The warmth from your feet helps to activate the dryer sheet.
- Place a dryer sheet inside a new vacuum bag to keep things smelling fresh as you vacuum the floor. The heat of the vacuum cleaner will help activate the sheets.