I am a coffee addict! I cannot get enough coffee and am known to drink up to a pot a day or more sometimes. Especially while I am writing!
I also enjoy those gourmet coffee's from the coffee shop, but I avoid them because of their high cost. A real budget breaker!
Did you know there are dozens of other ways you can use your coffee? For centuries people have been using coffee, coffee grounds and coffee beans for many other uses. Here are some of my favorites!
- Baking Substitute: Replace the water called for in your favorite cookie or brownie recipe with that amount in brewed coffee. The flavor is amazing.
- Steak Rub: Try rubbing some coffee grounds, or soaking a piece of meet for about a half hour in brewed coffee as a marinade. The flavor has got to be the most amazing thing you've ever tasted. A lot of high end restaurants are starting to offer this as a gourmet dish!
- Deodorizer: Use coffee grounds in a freezer or refrigerator in place of the traditional baking soda, to eliminate odors. Add a few drops of some vanilla extract to the grounds for a delicious scent.
- Put Coffee Beans in your Trash Can to neutralize odor: Put whole coffee beans in the bottom of your trash can. Insert the trash bag. The coffee neutralizes the odor. Leave the beans in when you change the bag. Replace the beans when they no longer smell.
- Crafts: Coffee beans make wonderful embellishments glued to the outside of a tin can, pencil holder or a candle. They smell good too.
- Fishing: You can keep the worms alive by dumping them into some coffee grounds. They will survive all day and for some reason the worms really like the coffee.
- Pests: Keep animals and pests out of your garden by mixing coffee grounds into the dirt around your plants and shrubs.
- Fertilizer: Coffee grounds are full of nutrients that your acidic-loving plants need. Just save your coffee grounds and then sprinkle them around your garden.
- Body Scrub: The coffee grounds work great to exfoliate skin, remove dead cells and give you fresh and healthy skin. Supposedly they work as a cellulite fighter because of the caffeine. Pretty cool if you ask me!