Going Places is a resource guide for teens and young adults that promotes independent physical activity. It outlines a step-by-step process for choosing and participating in sports and other physical activities outside of the school arena. Includes:
- Worksheets for choosing an activity
- Descriptions of activities
- Any modifications or accommodations that may be necessary
- Suggestions for developing needed skills
- Information on safety and self-advocacy
- Athlete profiles encouraging a healthy lifestyle
The large print edition now features a redesigned, perfect-bound cover that is more durable than previous twin-loop cover. The content of Going Places has not changed.
Going Places, Large Print/CD:
Catalog Number: 7-13090-01?
Going Places, Braille/CD:
Catalog Number: 5-13090-00
Braille Worksheet Packet:
Catalog Number: 5-13091-00
Click this link to purchase Going Places: Transition Guidelines for Community-Based Physical Activities for Students who have Visual Impairments.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org