This is a great product that has shown up in stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Imagine a talking microwave under $100. It's available and here's some of the features:
- 0.9 cu.ft. 900W Oven Cavity
- 10 Power Levels
- Digital Display with Clock
- Instructive Talking Programmable Feature
- Interchangeable Voice Language Feature (English/Spanish)
- Eight Instant Settings for Common Foods
- Five Express Cook One-Touch Settings
- Five Memory Setting Buttons
- Remind Signal
- Model: 87106 or 87108 (the difference is the color)
- Turntable Diameter: 12.4 inches
- External Dimensions: 20.1 x 17 x 11.2 inches
- Net Weight: 30.5 lbs
The buttons are totally accessible. They're easy to feel, and are much like the buttons on any other appliance or remote control. It also has a little knob that you turn to set the cook times, with a little notch you feel [tactile] each time you turn it so you can easily tell how far to turn it.
You push a button on the knob and it'll ask you to set the minutes, then when you set the minutes you push the button again and it'll ask you to set the seconds. After you do that you push the button again and it starts. It is really easy to use. Click this link to purchase the Hamilton Beach 0.9 cu.ft. Talking Microwave from walmart.com
Contact your local Best Buy or Wal-Mart if walmart.com runs out of stock for pricing and availability or click this link to visit the Microwave section of the Hamilton Beach website.
You may also find this video, from the Washington State School for the Blind helpful. If using a screen reader, press space or enter on the first button to play.