if you're passionate about books, you know how emotionally difficult it is to throw a book away, even if you will never read it again. You want to find a good home for your books, have them find someone who appreciates them. Also, you may be interested in trying some books, but keeping only the ones you like.
BookMooch lets you give away books you no longer need in exchange for books you really want. Check out these features:
- Every time you give someone a book, you earn a point and can get any book you want from anyone else at BookMooch. Once you've read a book, you can keep it forever or put it back into BookMooch for someone else, as you wish.
- There is no cost to join or use the site: your only cost is mailing your books to others.
- You'll receive a tenth-of-a-point for every book you type into the system, and one point each time you give a book away. In order to keep receiving books, you need to give away at least one book for every five you receive.
- You can request books from other countries, in other languages. You receive 3 points when you send a book out of your country, to help compensate you for the greater mailing cost, but it only costs the moocher 2 points to get the book.
- You can keep a "book wish list" that will automatically arrive to you when you have the points and/or the book becomes available in the catalog.
- Each time you receive a book, you can leave feedback with the sender, just like eBay. If you keep your feedback score up, people are most likely to help you out when you ask for a book.