When I first lost my vision, my wife introduced me to the world of candles. I was amazed at the various smells and emotions that can be braught from simply lighting a candle in the home.
We associate so many things with smell. I love the smell of pumpkin candles in the fall. Apple spice or cinimon is great for the winter and any fruit or floral candle is great in the summer.
Wouldn't it be great to create your own candles? Maybe even start your own home business? Reina Brown has written an E-book from the perspective of a professional blind candle maker to show others that the art of candle making can be mastered in one day by using simple techniques and things from around the house.
Reina is blind and has been for most of her life. Finding successful employment has been tough: so, in order to make ends meet, she has had to make her own way.
After losing her job on October 28, 2005 due to the local office folding, a job that took six months for her to find, she had to revisit a childhood dream of wanting to be a candle maker.
Out of necessity, Reina had to master this skill of professional candle making quite quickly. Though she did this as a hobby in her childhood, making candles with a professional touch that would appeal to the public was far different. Spending an entire night and day without sleep on the Internet, she set out on her new money making adventure. On October 31, the very next day after surfing the net and taking it all in, she bought supplies and tested all she learned. She was able to produce simple candles: however, the process was long and time consuming. Within time though, she devised new and simpler methods to achieve her tasks.
So, to save many others time and money, Reina is eager to get this guide into the hands of as many people as possible to show them that they can develop the skill for candle making without spending unnecessary time in classes or spending excessive amounts of money on how to guides and equipment while using trial and error.
Whether you are learning to make candles because it is a hobby you want to pursue, or whether you want to make a business out of it, Making Candles the Easy Way, Keeping It Simple? is a great book for you. This book will educate you on the following:
- Introduction This part of the book is an overview of what to expect, and how candle making is made simple.
- What People Will Say This section clarifies the myths of candle making. It also explains easy ways you can achieve the goals to making nice candles.
- Using Ordinary Things and Determining Their Value This segment of the book talks about how ordinary things around the house can be used to make professional looking candles. Also, for those who want to start a business, there are helpful tips on pricing your finished products.
- How To Make a Simple Candle This is where you will learn how to make a simple candle using the things at home. It is perfect for the beginner due to the fact that this is a simplified method.
- How to make a Taper Candle This is a quick and simple recipe for making taper candles. Just use some things around the house, and you will have a wonderfully made finished product.
- Making Small Candles Step By Step Using Paper Cups and Cartons Do you have any drink cups or cartons? Don't throw them away. Use them to make small votives.
- Make Candles to Shun Bugs Here in this section are step by step ways that a bug repelling candle can be made. Shun those bugs and enjoy the night life.
- Making Torches. These are wonderful also. They are appealing to the eyes, and are nice for shunning bugs as well. Here, you will find a very easy-to-understand recipe on how to create an awesome torch.
- Using Oils for Scent In this section, you will learn how to use oils to scent your candles and how to measure them. Knowing the measurements is crucial to making a good candle. Improper use of oil will have a bearing on the candle's outcome.
- Making Candles for People with Allergies This section discusses how more natural candles can be made for people who have zero tolerance to perfumes. purer methods will be discussed.
- How to Handle Soy Wax For those who are favorable to soy products, this section is for you. Here, you will learn how soy wax is handled.
- What Dyes Work with What Waxes Some dyes work better than others. In this part of the book, you will learn dying techniques that will simplify your candle making experience.
- What Wicks Work with What Candles Certain wicks will not work with certain candles. Reading this portion of the book will explain this in more detail.
- Marketing the Business This portion of the book talks about ways a candle business can be marketed. This is for those who are seriously thinking about starting a candle business or selling your crafts at a show.
- Appendix This is where you can find the greatest deals on supplies. This section has a list of candle factories where supplies can be purchased at reasonable prices.
Click here to purchase the e-book from http://www.makingcandlessimple.com.
Now that you have the know how, you may want something to help you create the candles. You can experience the fun and creativity of candle making, without a messy hassle! Simply put wax or candle stubs into the hopper of this device, heat until wax is liquid, then pull the lever to release the wax into the mold. No chance of spills or burns. You can make professional-looking candles for gifts or decorations for your home. Comes with 1 lb. of wax (makes 1-6 candles, depending on the size), mold, wicks, sealer, wick holder and easy instructions. Plugs into standard outlet; UL approved. Ages 13 and up.
Click this link to purchase the Candle Creations Candle Maker from Spilsbury.com.