Tips for the Dip
Good manners are not something we are born with: they evolve with our social and cultural growth and help us emerge as thoughtful, caring humans.
Dipping habits are important because they can be very annoying and unconsciously reflect one's true lack of manners. In an old but tried and true study conducted by Land O' Lakes, guests were asked what they hated most about other people's dipping habits. The survey revealed the following in order of annoyance:
- Double dipping: This involves scooping from the community bowl, taking a bit and then re-dipping.
- Tasting the dip with a finger: Self-explanatory and gross!
- Digging a submerged chip out of the bowl by hand: This is a party not a hunt for buried treasure!
- Eating straight out of the communal dip bowl: Why not just lick up all the dip when everyone is looking? You will turn everyone off instantly!
- Sticking foods into someone else's dip: Who invited this person anyway?