An Alternative to Perkins: The Tatrapoint
Tatrapoint is a mechanical six-key Braille typewriter with adjustable key spacing. Every model comes with adjustable left and right margins and a warning bell 5 cells before the end of the line. It also includes Dymo tape holders on the carriage for making Braille labels.
For years there has been no option for a manual Brailler. Now there is, and it's smaller, lighter, cheaper and more flexible!
The Tatrapoint Adaptive 2, from SVEC a SPOL of Slovakia features:
- Adjustable left and right margins
- Adjustable spacing between keys to allow for different sized hands
- Line-end bell 5 cells before the end of the line
- Carriage release and backspace key
- Dymo tape clips integrated for embossing dymo tape
- Precise paper transport for exact readjustment of corrections in previously written text
- Dimensions: 40cm x 26cm x 8.5cm
- Weight: 2.75kg
- Paper: Standard braille paper (11 1/2 " x 11")
- Extras: carrying case and shoulder strap
For more information, contact:
SVEC a SPOL s.r.o
Click this link to learn more about the Tatrapoint brailler.