1000 A.D. is a free turn based strategy game. Vikings, Chinese, Monguls and other empires using Catapults, Spies, Armies, wage war to expand & become top ranked. You must train troops, build defences and buildings, feed your people, run your country wisely. Play at your own pace. Interact with hundreds of other players. If you've been waiting for a turn-based strategic war game, this is it. All that's required to play the game is a web browser, a free account, and possibly a screen reader. All graphics have appropriate descriptions, and the only aspect of the game which may pose a problem is that warning messages show up in red but are otherwise possible to miss if you're not paying attention.
Features of the game include:
- 10 different civilizations to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Choices include Vikings, Mongols, Byzantines, Barbarians, and Franks.
- 16 different types of buildings to construct including farms, iron and gold mines, weaponsmiths, markets, and forts.
- 18 different types of research that you can conduct in order to improve your military strength, resource production, and much more.
- Ability to buy and sell goods within your own empire and on the public market.
- Ability to aid, attack,, or ally with other players.
- 8 different types of units with which to build your army including swordsmen, horsemen, archers, and trained peasants, plus catapults, thieves, and towers.