The Guide offers teachers, caregivers, and transcribers information concerning:
- the role of tactile illustrations in books for a young child
- challenges and limitations of tactile illustrations
- factors that contribute to a well-designed tactile illustration
- considerations in designing a meaningful tactile illustration
- information supporting an overall sequence of difficulty for various types of tactile illustrations
- types of tactile illustrations and tools and materials to create them
The 35-page illustrated Guide is available in multiple file formats:
- Print PDF (Portable Document Format)
- BRF (Braille Ready File)
Follow the link below to the format of your choice:
or visit the APH homepage, click the "Research & Development" tab, then select "Research Resources." Click on Guide to Designing Tactile Illustrations for Children's Books.
Please help us spread the word about the availability of this new and useful guide!