Originally created by APH to serve as an internal tool for creating direct-to-digital audio recordings, Studio Recorder PC software contains many features that make recording, editing, and proofreading audio books easy. It is a powerful digital recording and editing software package geared specifically for making recordings of the spoken word and includes features not found in similar programs primarily designed for music production. These features include:
- Accessible to blind and visually impaired users
- Speed up playback with no pitch distortion
- Index tone generation and removal
- Three levels of phrase detection
- Instant open on large files
- Instant cut, copy, paste, delete
- Intercom functionality
- Simple user interface
- Multiple user marks and notes
- External controller support
Other features aid production of CDs and analog cassette tapes from digital masters.
Minimum Requirements to Run Studio Recorder
- PC running Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP
- 64MB RAM
- Pentium 166 MHz
- Windows compatible sound card and speakers
- 5MB hard disk space for program installation
- Twice as much free hard disk space as the total size of the files which are to be edited at one time
Catalog Number: D-03600-00
Catalog Number: D-03600-ED
Download APH Software Demos: www.aph.org/tech
Click this link to purchase Studio Recorder.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org
WavePad is a free sound editor program for Windows. This audio editing software lets you make and edit voice and other audio recordings. You can cut, copy and paste parts of recording and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction.
WavePad is designed to be a very easy and intuitive to use audio editing package. Within minutes you will be able to open or record a file and edit it. But if you take time to explore the other features you will find many powerful tools designed with the professional sound engineer in mind. Features include:
- Screen reader friendly.
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, realAudio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more.
- Edit functions include Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Insert, Silence, AutoTrim and others.
- Effects include, Amplify, Normalize, Equaliser, Envelope, Reverb, Echo, Reverse, Noise Reduction, Sample Rate Conversion and more.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16 or 32 bits.
- Ability to work with multiple files at the same time in seperate screens.
- Includes a CD ripper to load audio directly and quickly from CD.
- CD burner function allows you to burn your sound files to CD.
- Player includes Scrub/Cue control for precise editing.
- Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT), tone generation and speech synthesis.
- Easy to use interface will get you up and running quickly.
Audacity is another audio editing program that is screen reader friendly and packed with tons of features. It has so many features, it would be impossible to list them all here, but to give you a little taste, a few of the features include cutting and trimming audio files, reducing static and interference, recording custom MP3s, amplifying sounds and mixing audio tracks, among others. It's kind of like a mini recording studio!
Be sure to download the add ons for Audacity. They add even more functionality to this awesome free program!
You can download Audacity and all of its add ons by clicking this URL: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows.
Audacity Tutorials for Podcasters
The Audacity Tutorials for Podcasters Website is the definitive step-by-step guide on how to podcast. The video tutorials include: recording setup, editing tools, basic editing & trimming, adjusting levels, importing audio & adding music, saving & exporting the MP3.
Click this link to visit the Audacity Tutorials for Podcasters Website.