Tactile Supplement, Revised 1991
A criterion-referenced assessment designed to identify the level of mastery that a young child has achieved on selected skills. This information is important for planning a child's Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individualized Educational Program (IEP). This inventory of early development was designed for children birth through kindergarten.
The Brigance Inventory is a self-directed inventory. The APH Tactile Supplement is designed to be used only in conjunction with the print edition of the Inventory (available from the publisher, see below).
The Supplement provides alternative procedures and tactile materials for items that involve visual stimuli, with additional directions and suggestions where appropriate.
The APH Supplement consists of:
- Braille/tactile materials supplement
- Labels for marking the print edition of the test, indicating the
pages for which alternative procedures are provided in the Supplement.
- Five student Developmental Record Books that are used to note assessments completed and the child's progress.
Skills categories tested with this inventory:
- Preambulatory Motor Skills and Behaviors
- Gross-Motor Skills and Behaviors
- Fine-Motor Skills and Behaviors
- Self-Help Skills
- Speech and Language Skills
- General Knowledge and Comprehension
- Social and Emotional Development
- Reading Readiness
- Basic Reading Skills
- Manuscript Writing
- Basic Math
Catalog Number: 5-17681-00
Click this link to purchase the Brigance Diagnostic Inventory of Early Development (Yellow): APH.
Note: The APH tactile supplement was designed to be used only in
conjunction with the print inventory. To obtain ordering information
for the print test, contact:
Curriculum Associates Inc.
North Billerica, MA
Toll Free: 800-225-0248
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org