Geometro materials provide hands-on experiences with manipulatives that aid in teaching 3-D geometry.
Geometro models are flat plastic shapes -- triangles, squares, pentagons, and hexagons -- that can be readily joined to form three-dimensional solids. The pieces use hook/loop material to adhere to each other and are easy to handle, sturdy, and safe. Even the youngest learners quickly master them.
Students learn how to:
- Recognize, name, build, compare, and sort increasingly complex two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Describe attributes and parts of two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Explore nets that can be folded to form pyramids and prisms
- Learn elements of spatial symmetry
- Demonstrate rotations and mirror symmetry
- Flat geometric shapes
- Quick Start sheet in regular print and braille
- Plastic storage/carrying case
GS16 Mini Set includes 16 pieces: 8 triangles, 6 squares, and 2 pentagons.
GS22 Medium Set includes 22 pieces: 12 triangles, 6 squares, 2 pentagons, and 2 hexagons.
GS56 Large Set includes 56 pieces: 24 triangles, 12 squares, 12 pentagons, and 8 hexagons.
GS16 Mini Kit:
Catalog Number: 1-03022-00
GS22 Medium Set:
Catalog Number: 1-03023-00
GS56 Large Set:
Catalog Number: 1-03024-00
Click this link to purchase the Geometro Sets from APH.
Geometro Shapes Sets
Pack of 12 Decagons:
Catalog Number: 1-03025-00
Pack of 6 Octagons:
Catalog Number: 1-03026-00
Pack of 3 hook/loop material Rods:
Catalog Number: 1-03027-00
Pack of 6 Rectangles:
Catalog Number: 1-03028-00
Pack of 6 Isosceles Triangles:
Catalog Number: 1-03029-00
Click this link to purchase Additional Shapes for the Geometro.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org