Are you just tired of that friend who constantly bugs you with messages or just spams your Facebook wall? Do you want to "un-friend" him? Here's how.
- Log into http://facebook.com/.
- Go to "Account" at the top right hand corner. You can view this any time on any page of Facebook.
- Go to "Edit Friends". You will see that you are in the category of "Find Friends".
- Click on the category of "All Connections", just above from "Find Friends". Here, you will be able to view all of your friends and all the groups that you are a fan of.
- Find the friend that you would like to delete. Across from your friend's name, you will see a little tiny "X". Click on the "X" and it will ask you if you want to delete the connection permanently. Say "Yes", and it's done!
- Find the friend you want to de-friend.
- Go to the top of the page, and select the button on the panel that says "Profile".
- On the left panel, go to the box that says "Friends". Click on "See All".
- Type your friend's name in the search box.
- Click on your friend's name.
- Scroll down and look on the left side of the page, right at the bottom. Select "Remove from Friends".
- You'll get a confirmation. Hit "Remove from Friends".
- You've removed your friend! Hit "Okay" to close the window. If not, it'll close in a few seconds.
VideoA quick video demonstration of using the tools to remove friends on Facebook (updated version of Facebook).
- A warning message will not be sent to your friends, so feel free to delete as many friends as you want.
- Another option is blocking, which is temporary and also prevents your friend from seeing your profile in any of their friends lists or search results. You can remove the block at any time, and your profile will reappear to them.
- You will, however, be removed from your friend's friend list, too, so if he/she actually tries searching for you, they will figure out that you aren't their friend anymore.
Things You'll Need
- A Facebook account
- Facebook "Friends"
- Internet access
- Cancel a Pending Friend Request on Facebook
- How to Add Friends on Facebook
- How to Make a New Facebook Account
- How to Quit Facebook
- How to Permanently Delete a Facebook Account
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Delete Friends on Facebook. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.