Customize a family booklet about your student's O&M and connect with students' families in a whole new way! With O&M Family Booklet, let the software do the work—just type or select what you want the family to understand.
- Input your contact information once and use it in other family booklets.
- Introduce yourself to families in the style that fits best for each.
- Invite contact and communication—with email, cell phone, or personal meetings.
- Explain the meaning and importance of orientation and mobility skills for the student in your own words, with language provided by the software, or a combination of both.
- Show the family the impact of the eye condition and visual functioning on the student's orientation and mobility with:
- Eye conditions and definitions pull-down
- Input fields for relevant functional vision information
- Editable explanations of acuities, fields, visual fluctuations, glare sensitivity, and use of lenses and/or optical devices
- Describe the student's O&M goals for the coming year, mark those skills the student has mastered and indicate those that he or she is working on.
- Offer the family some general ideas about how they can foster the student's independence at home: you can use or edit those already in the software and you can add and save your own.
- Choose specific activities that the family and student can do together—the software has suggestions from preschool to transition or add and save your own.
- Let the software format and print.
Clip your booklet into a cover and send it on its way!
Minimum Requirements to Run
- PC running Windows® 2000, XP, Vista®, or later
- Microsoft Net Framework 2.0
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or later (7.0 or later recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
Catalog Number: D-03480-00
Catalog Number: D-03480-ED
Click this link to purchase the O&M Family Booklet Software from APH.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org