With the release of iOS 4.2, the physical switch which allowed you to freeze the iPad's screen orientation was turned into a less useful mute button. Fortunately, it is possible to lock your screen's rotation using a few easy clicks.
- From any iPad screen or application, double click on the big home button on the bottom of the iPad.
- Swipe the bottom menu that appeared after you double clicked the home menu to the left.
- Touch the screen orientation lock button on the bottom left, which you uncovered by swiping left above.
- Notice the button changes to lock after you have switched it.
- This works in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Extend the Battery Life of an iPad
- Set a Passcode on the iPad
- Buy an iPad
- Put an eBook on an iPad
- Clean Your iPad
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Lock iPad Screen Orientation. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.