Young readers will be inspired by these emergent level nonfiction books about the natural world and everyday life. These books are easily integrated across the curriculum especially in science and social studies.
The Early Braille Trade Books Project provides commercially available books with braille labels for beginning readers. This kit includes books, braille labels, and access to an interactive website, please visit: http://tech.aph.org/ebt/
- Contracted or uncontracted braille labels
- Match books to a student based on braille knowledge
- The interactive website allows you to:
- Search for books by genre, core curriculum, or expanded core curriculum
- Access a book summary and activities designed for braille readers
- Maintain a listing and percentage of contractions learned by each student -- great for documentation at IEP meetings
- Share or transfer student records to other teachers
9 books, braille label packs, and a Quick Start Guide:
- Day and Night
- Fast, Faster, and Fastest
- Goodbye, Perky
- I See You
- Outside and Inside
- What Do Scientists Do?
- What's Black and White and Moos?
Note: Customer applies the included braille labels. A user ID and password are required to access interactive website.
Contracted Braille Kit:
Catalog Number: 3-00205-00
Uncontracted Braille Kit:
Catalog Number: 3-00206-00
Early Braille Trade Books: Wright Group - TWiG Books Kit 1.
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org