Now that I have an iPad, I like receiving iTunes gift cards. I wasn't sure how to use them, and I thought there might be others who were wondering the same thing, so here's some instructions. How to redeem an iTunes Gift Card on a computer
- Install the latest version of iTunes. You can download iTunes (it's free) from the Download iTunes webpage. If iTunes is already installed on your computer, check your version and update if necessary.
- Open iTunes.
- In the Source list (on the left side of the iTunes window), click iTunes Store. If using a screen reader, tab until you hear options and use your arrow keys to get to the iTunes store.
- In the upper-right corner of the iTunes Store window, click the Sign In button. Screen reader users will tab until landing on the button. If you are already signed in, skip to step 6.
- Sign into the iTunes Store using your iTunes account information.
- In the QUICK LINKS window in the right-hand column, click Redeem. Screen reader users will tab to the Account Menu button and press the spacebar. Choose Redeem from the resulting context menu.
- In the resulting screen, enter your 16-digit code which starts with an "X". (If you have an iTunes Gift Card this is printed on the back of the card). Screen reader users will tab through the options and press enter on the Redeem button to add funds.
- Once you've successfully redeemed your code, the credit amount will appear next to your account name in the upper-right corner. Each time you purchase items, iTunes will deduct funds from the credit until it's depleted. If a pending purchase exceeds the credit amount, iTunes will ask you to enter a credit card number. You do not need to re-enter your gift card number to make multiple purchases.