Accessorize with a colorful silk scarf and instantly change the look of even the simplest black dress from drab to chic! Tie a simple knot very loosely in the silk scarf to get the look you want.
- Drape the scarf around your neck, keeping the loose knot open with one hand at one of the ends.
- Take the other hand and, while holding the other end of the silk scarf, push it through that open loose knot.
- Gently pull the silk scarf completely through.
- Hold the scarf ends together so that the ends are fairly even.
- Add some finishing touches by arranging it as you please. You have just successfully tied your silk scarf with a nice neat knot.
- Hold scarf in the middle so that the ends are even.
- Grab the scarf by the ends.
- Wrap the silk scarf around the neck by the back.
- Place ends through the loop you have created.
- Tug to tighten.
- Fold a square scarf in half (Like a triangle).
- Roll it from the wide end to the top point of the triangle.
- Tie it in a neat knot around your neck.
- These methods create a scarf that you can wear with anything, from dressy to every day, and have a great look.
- Try not to wear a flashy scarf with a flashy dress or shirt -- unless you are very careful with the patterns and colours, it can be one of the worst fashion mistakes out there. (Especially if poorly tied.)
- Don't use method two with a very long scarf. If someone pulls the part that is going through the loop, then you could choke.
- How to Paint a Silk Scarf
- How to Wash Silk Garments
- How to Dress in a Sari
- How to Dress up That Little Black Dress
- How to Tie a Bow Tie
Sources and Citations
- Dakini Original source of this article. Shared with permission.
- Silk fashion A lot of pictures illustrated how to tie a silk scarf
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Tie a Silk Scarf. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.