Here's what you'll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 1 medium apple sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Here's what you'll need to make the glaze.
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup "
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
Now, here's what to do.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle with ice water and toss with a fork.
- Form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 7 inch circle.
- Place apple slices on half of the circle; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Fold dough over filling, sealing edges with fingers or pressing with a fork.
- Brush with milk.
- Prick top with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over turnover.
Cooking in the Dark Email List