Announcing the Braille Plus 18!
Catalog Number: 1-07466-00
APH is proud to introduce the Braille Plus 18, developed in partnership with LevelStar, LLC. Like its popular predecessor, the original Braille+, the new Braille Plus is a mobile device that puts unprecedented computing power in the hands of students and adults who are braille users.
The Braille Plus 18 will quickly become the hub of your on-the-go digital life. Use this handheld device to read books, write class assignments, scan documents, search the web, keep track of appointments, find directions, record lectures, listen to podcasts, run Android apps, and so much more!
- Built-in 18-cell Refreshable Braille Display: Improve retention, enjoy privacy, and increase literacy.
- 5MP Camera with Flash: Quickly and accurately convert menus, papers, and books into braille or speech. Note: Camera does not recognize handwriting.
- GPS Navigation: Determine current location, discover nearby businesses, and get directions.-- Built-in Google Search: Efficiently start apps or find information.
- Braille Navigation Stick: Maintain privacy and convenience.
- More of the internet: Take full advantage of the internet with HTML5 and plugins.
- Stereo Recording: Record lectures or music with built-in stereo microphones and recorder.--
- Full-Size SD Card Slot and USB Port: Share media and documents.
- 3G Wireless: Stay connected with 3G wireless capability (data plan required to access data over 3G). Note: Does not include SIM card. Requires a cell phone plan from AT&T or T-Mobile. Verizon-compatible starting in 2013.
- Text Messages: Send and receive texts
- Phone Calls: Make and receive calls.
- High-Quality Speakerphone.
- Android Apps: Enjoy thousands of additional apps. Note: Not all programs written for Android are accessible.
- TV Output: Share or collaborate with sighted peers, teachers, or parents with TV signal outputs. Note: TV not included.
- Improved Feature! -- Natural Speech Output: Easily understand human-sounding speech.
- Upgraded Features!-- Bluetooth 2.1: Listen to speech or music with a stereo Bluetooth headphone or a mono headset.-- Wi-Fi: Connect to Wi-fi hot spots with wireless 802.11n with custom antenna
- Speakers: Enjoy hi-fidelity stereo.
- Cursor Routing Keys: Quickly move the cursor or click on a button; located above each braille cell.
- Thousands of Books Available: Download books and periodicals from the National Library Service (NLS), Reading Ally (formerly RFB&D), and bookshare.org; read using the refreshable braille display or natural speech. Book player supports Word, txt, html, DAISY, Bookshare, and is compatible with NLS Digital Talking Books for qualified NLS patrons. Note: Book access requires membership with the respective organization.
- Word Processor: Create, edit, and read documents in multiple formats and change them to braille.
- Email: Full-featured email program compatible with POP3 and IMAP protocols.
- Contracted Braille: Automatically read everything in contracted braille.
- Calendar and Clock: Schedule appointments and alarms.
- Music and podcasts: Play music files on the device or streamed from the cloud with the music player. Audio player compatible with MP3, WAV, and Ogg; stream audio files from the internet.
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (version subject to change)
- Size: 6.5 x 4.1 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 15 ounces
- Built-in stereo speakers and microphone
- 5MP camera with flash
- Memory: 512 MB internal, 1 GB internal, 32 GB flash drive
- Ports: 3.5 mm stereo headphone, headset, or video out jack; 3.5 mm stereo microphone line-in jack; full-size SD card slot; full-size built-in USB port; Micro USB; SIM card
- Wireless: Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi 802.11n
- GPS antenna
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (not user-replaceable)
- USB AC Adapter-- USB Power/Data Cable
- Audio/video cable (3.5mm to RCA)
- External Bluetooth GPS device to augment internal receiver
- Print Quick Start Guide, in print and in braille
- One-year limited warranty
Cellular: Braille Plus 18 is also a cellular device that you can choose to activate through AT&T or T-Mobile. At this time, the Braille Plus 18 can only be activated with these two carriers. A cell phone/data plan will allow you to access the internet in many more locations than Wi-Fi alone and lets you make phone calls. Please contact your local AT&T or T-Mobile dealer if you wish to activate your Braille Plus 18. APH does not directly offer cell plans.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE All shipments will incur actual UPS shipping rates based on the destination.
Click here to order!